- LOUNGE OF THE YEAR MIDDLE EAST/AFRICA REGION - The DILMUN LOUNGE at Bahrain International Airport (operated by Bahrain Airport Services) for the 4th consecutive year, won the highly prestigious Lounge of the Year MIDDLE EAST/AFRICA REGION award in the Priority Pass Lounge of the Year 2009 awards; this award acknowledges the high standard of facilities, customer service and satisfaction that the Lounge continues to provide its customers.
- THE BEST AIRLINE CATERER OF THE YEAR MIDDLE EAST - BAS was chosen by Pax International magazine as the winner of the "Airline Caterer of the Year Middle East 2009". This award was voted by the readers of Pax International Magazine. The award was accepted at the ITCA Dubai show by Catering Manager Wolfgang Gortler.
- BEST CARGO- AIR CARGO WORLD - Air Cargo World (ACW) Excellence survey which reviews airlines and airports worldwide each year for overall performance voted BAS as topmost in the Cargo Category.
- GROUND HANDLING - RAMP SAFETY - MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA REGION - Bahrain Airport Services was awarded for Ramp Safety- Middle East & Africa Region. The award was presented to Mr. Salman Al-Mahmeed Deputy Chief Executive during the 11th Ground Handling Conference held in Italy from 16-18 November 2009; the award was won in competition with 3 international Airports as a result of the efforts and professional manner of the Baggage Loading Team whos quick actions in extinguishing a fire in an engine averted a major incident, they assured that the passengers and crew were disembarked safely and without delay.
- GROUND HANDLING - BAHRAIN INTERNATIONAL AIR SHOW- Bahrain Airport Services has signed an agreement with the Bahrain CAA and Farnborough international to provide ground handling services, BAS successfully delivered all services, and was a source of pride to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION FOR EXCELLENT GROUND HANDLING - The Dutch Cargo Airliner Martin air awarded Bahrain Airport Services Cargo Department for Ground Handling Excellency in the year 2009 in recognition of BASs outstanding efforts and support to the Cargo Carrier.
- BAS has proved itself to be a major tool in assisting the Governments Bahranisation strategy with a total strength of 2195 employees with 85.6%. Bahrainisation.
- Training has been intensified as BAS recognizes the vital fact that its Human Resources are the company’s most valuable asset. Approximately 50,000 training hours (In-House, Local, Overseas, & Industrial Training) have been achieved by the end of September 09.
- BAS has provided internship opportunities to 69 students from the University of Bahrain, Bahrain Training Institute and Government Technical Schools achieving 18496 industrial training hours till September 2009.
- BAS participated as the Silver Sponsor in the University Career Day, fully supportive of the specific objective of providing secondary school students, parents & job seekers in Bahrain with viable information on career options on the island.
- BAS Staff Shop, (for Airport Permit Holders) initiated by the management for the welfare of the staff has an ever increasing Customer base. Approx. 150 people do frequent the Shop on a daily basis and take advantage of the reduced prices.
- The Employee of the Month Award has enhanced staff morale and motivation resulting in enhanced efficiency and productivity.
- 46 dispatchers benefited by attending a series of eight customized In-House Refresher Dispatcher Training Courses conducted by an overseas consultant.
- BAS staff received month's bonus for their efforts and dedication to their jobs.
- BAS in cooperation with the BAS Trade Union organized its first Spring Camp to Sakhir replete with leisure activities for all company staff and their families.
- BAS Team won the Annual Raft Race which was applauded by the Management.
- BAS Aircraft Catering achieved the maximum score of 100% in the latest Hygiene Operational Safety Audit conducted by Cathay Pacific.
- Air Cargo World (ACW) Excellence Survey which reviews airlines and airports worldwide each year for overall performance voted BAS as topmost in the Cargo Category.
- BAS participated in the Bahrain International Travel Expo (BITE) 2009 along with CAA & Bahrain Duty Free in May 09.
- BAS’ first Summer Activity Programme for employees children was held during the months of July & August 09.
- BAS took part in the Munich Air Cargo Exhibition in May this year. This strategic partnership with CAA, Bahrain Airport Company and Gulf Air gave BAS the platform to take part in several promising business discussions and futuristic business opportunities.
- Emirates Sky Cargo presented the Cargo Department with a certificate of appreciation in acknowledgement of the fruitful and successful partnership between Emirates Sky Cargo & BAS.
- In line with the company’s policy of constantly upgrading staff technical skills, BAS & Dutch Cargo Carrier Martin Air conducted three training sessions for Ground Handling of B747-400F and Mass & Balance for B747-400F.
- BAS Cargo developed a Logistics Community Systems website with its partner BTN enabling the paperless exchange of data, information and messages between freight forwarders, airlines, cargo handling agents, customs, shippers and consignees in other parts of the world and allows users track and trace their consignments online.
- Airline Staff & BAS Stations Coordination staff benefited highly by attending In-House Stations Coordination Training. Some of the modules included topics i.e. Airline Delay Codes Procedures, Flight Schedule Systems, CAA Broadcast systems, Emergency procedures etc.
- A special function was held at BAS to mark the first Bahraini Women’s Day in honour of all its female employees. BAS Women Management & the BAS Trade Union organized this event.
- A total of 835 Bahraini employees at BAS will receive dedicated training to improve and develop their skills and productivity under a key deal between BAS & BDO Jawad Habib which is part of the Career Progression Programme.
- Preparations are under full swing at BAS to participate in the Farnborough International Air show (FIA) 2010 one of the world's most iconic global aviation events.
- BAS has proved itself to be a major tool in assisting the Governments Bahrainisation strategy as 329 Bahrainis were recruited this year raising the level of Bahrainisation to 86.3%.
- BAS recognizes the vital fact that its Human Resources are the company's most valuable asset & therefore training has been intensified & an impressive 60,000 training hours have been achieved by the end of October 06 due to participation in In-House, Local & Overseas Training.
- BAS has provided internship opportunities to 106 students from the University of Bahrain, Bahrain Training Institute and Government Technical Schools so far this year achieving 30,000 industrial training hours.
- BAS prides itself in being the Silver Sponsor in the University Career Day, fully supportive of the specific objective of providing secondary school students, parents & job seekers in Bahrain with viable information on career options on the island.
- BAS Staff Shop, the totally new BAS venture (for the Airport Permit Holders) initiated by the management for the welfare of the staff has an ever increasing Customer base Approx. 150 people do frequent the Shop on a daily basis and take advantage of the reduced prices.
- The Employee of the Month Award has enhanced staff morale and motivation resulting in enhanced efficiency and productivity.
- Bahrain station has achieved the KLM Five Crown certificate during April 2006 through to March 2007 for its customer services performance.
- British Airways at Bahrain Station won 3rd place on the Quality Count Station Performance for winter 2007.
- Four deserving Bahraini staff received the CEO Safety Award in recognition of their extraordinary courage and exceptional safety in the workplace.
- National Aviation Services, WLL NAS was formed in April 2003. Today NAS is in its 5th year of operations. NAS is a partnership between Agility (previously known as PWC logistics) and Bahrain Airport Services (BAS). NAS won the tender to provide ground handling services in Kuwait International Airport for a period of 10 years, against 18 international and local competitors. Also Kuwait DGCA granted BAS the authorization to carry out A320 technical certification for Al Jazeera Airlines. In addition to this, KLM, Martin Air and Turkish Airlines have granted authorization to BAS to carry out technical certification to their aircraft in Bahrain.
- H.E. Shaikh Ali bin Khalifa Al Khalifa, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Transportation, has officially inaugurated the opening of new Dilmun Lounge.
- BAS was the Platinum Sponsor of the Carrier Expo 05 held at the Bahrain International Centre, under the patronage of H.E. Majeed bin Mohsen Al Alawi, Minister of Labour.
- H.E. Dr. Majeed bin Mohsen Al Alawi, Minister of Labour has presented BAS an award for significant contribution and outstanding role in the field of Vocational Safety and Safety of the Work Environment. The award was received by Mr. Ray Sayer, CEO.
- For the first time in history, Bahrain Station has achieved the top spot on British Airways network for Quality Count League Winners, Summer 2005. This is a great achievement for BAS.
- Emirates Airlines Group Safety have recognized BAS with a Safety Award for handling 1500 Emirated flights with zero aircraft ground damage.
- BAS Ground Engineering obtained ISO 9001/2000 certification from DNV, the auditing body in Switzerland, to enhance customer satisfaction with the company.
- BAS handled the Formula 1 event with great success. New equipment and extra manpower drafted in to assure maximum smoothness and efficiency.
- BAS was the first aviation organization in the Middle East and outside Europe to achieve EASA 145, 147 approval from the European Aviation Safety Agency.
- BAS Catering Department won the Gold and Bronze awards for wedding cakes at the Salon Culinaire at the MECC.
- BAS was the main sponsor of a unique HRD International Conference and Exhibition held under the patronage of H.E. Dr. Majed bin Mohsen Al Alawi Minister of Labour and Social Affairs.
- BAS achieved the handling of the largest Aircraft Antonov 226.
- BAS and PWC (Public Warehousing Company) signed a contract with the Kuwait DGCA for providing ground handling services at Kuwait International Airport. As a result, the official opening of National Aviation Services took place on October 26 ,2003 with KLM the first flight to be departed (early) by this newcomer.
- BAS was accredited by the International Air Transport Association with having implemented IATA AHM 804 System for Performance Measurement and Service Delivery Standards. This is a system which establishes standards for the various aspects of service delivery and a means for auditing to measure performance.
- BAS and Bahrain KLM airport staff have achieved the KLM Crown Status for 12 month period, recognizing Bahrain and Bahrain Airport Services for providing the highest level of international service standards. This is the fifth time that this prestigious Award has been achieved.
- BAS and Bahrain KLM Airport staff jointly achieved the KLM 5 Crown status for 12 month period, recognizing Bahrain and Bahrain Airport Services for providing the highest level of international service standards.
- BAS Aircraft Catering received a Gold Award from British Airways for excellent catering services provided to the airline.
- BAS introduced a "baggage wrapping" service in the check-in area. Individual bags can now be wrapped in a "clear film", which provides added protection for checked baggage.
- BAS and Bahrain KLM jointly achieved a further 5 Crown Award.
- BAS Catering received the Overall On Board Services Award.
- Extension added to Cargo Terminal. Total area increased to 15,000 m2.
- BAS Traffic Services Department achieved ISO 9002 certification by the National Quality Assurance, one of the leading accredited certification bodies.
- BAS Engineering was approved as a JAR 145 maintenance organization by the United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority.
- BAS and Bahrain KLM Airport staff jointly achieved the 5 Crown Award for punctuality, baggage handling, check-in and boarding and aircraft cleaning and catering supplies.
- BAS Catering received 2 Diamond and 2 Emerald Awards and Publisher Award of Merit from "On Board Services Magazine" for the operations at Bahrain International Airport.
- BAS installed Baggage Reconciliation System at Bahrain International Airport, operated by the Traffic Department.
- 27 Bahraini engineers and technicians from BAS obtained CAA and FAA licenses from the UK and USA Colleges.
- BAS received Sapphire Award from "The On Board Services" Magazine for world-wide quality, standard and innovation in Catering industry.
- BAS received highest quality and hygiene audits performed by KLM, Cathay Pacific and British Airways.
- BAS participated effectively in Bahrain International Airport achieving No 1 in Middle East.
- BAS received Performance Bond Quality and Excellence Award from British Airways for meeting all targets throughout the year for Food Product, Equipment and Stores, Hygiene and Service Functions.
- BAS received Award form Egypt Air in recognition of Perfect Baggage Handling.
- BAS and Bahrain KLM airport staff jointly achieved the 5 Crown Award for punctuality, baggage handling, check-in and boarding and aircraft cleaning and catering supplies.
- BAS received the highest possible score of 300 out of 300 for the bacteriological tests carried out on meals supplied by the In-flight Catering Center for KLM flights.
- BAS received "The On Board Services Magazine" Award for Terminal Concessions - Food.
- BAS received two Mercury Awards from IFCA ( International Flight Catering Association) for Category 1 (Food) and Category 4 (Equipment).
- BAS received "On Board Services Magazine" Diamond Award for innovative development of an air-conditioning condensate water recycling system installed at the Company's In-flight Catering Center.
- BAS hosted the 9th Annual Conference of the IATA Ground Handling Council in Bahrain.
- BAS received an Award from Cathay Pacific for outstanding Baggage Handling.
- BAS Aircraft Catering received an international recognition for its winning entry in the prestigious British Airways "Stars in the Sky" world-wide In-flight Catering competition.
- BAS is honored with The Red Crescent Society on the International Day of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in appreciation of the voluntary participation in promoting humanitarian activities.
- BAS hosted the IATA Quality Management Symposium.
- Air Malta commenced operation through Bahrain on 28th March.
- BAS Catering received award from Cathay Pacific for excellence in services rendered to Cathay for the year 1992.
- New In-Flight Catering Center was inaugurated.
- BAS participated in Bahrain Airport Promotions and Marketing Group.
- BAS Cargo awarded plaque by Cathay Pacific for high standard of service.
- BAS received the Gold Seal performance award for Food products, Equipment, Hygiene and Service functions.
- BAS hosted the I.A.T.A Ground Handling Council (IGHC) first working group meeting in Bahrain to develop a new Aviation Ground Services Agreement.
- BAS provided support services for military operations and assigned staff to Muscat to assist Gulf Air interrupted operations due to invasion of Kuwait by Iraq.
- Gulf War started, affecting operations for two months.
- Operations started at the new airport terminal.
- Moved to new BAS headquarters.
- Departure Control System was introduced.