Bahrain Airport Services operates a 19,000 sqm state-of-the-art Cargo Center on a 24/7 basis with a handling capacity of 280,000 tons per annum.
Our Cargo Division provides full range of services to freighter aircraft operators as well as scheduled and chartered carriers. Taking advantage of the importance of Bahrain as an intermodal node, due to its close proximity and link via a road system to Saudi Arabia, BAS has developed an effective intermodal handling methodology for transshipments between Mina Salman seaport, road network and air transportation. In addition, break bulk facilities are available for consolidators and bonded warehousing for specialist companies.
Warehouse space is maximized by the use of a high level racking system using forklift trucks with capacities of up to 13 tons. Specialized handling systems permit aircraft ULD’s to be efficiently and effectively handled via roller beds and elevated transfer vehicles.
Our Cargo Terminal comprises:
- Cooling facilities are available to accommodate perishables items and pharmaceuticals.
- Special storage facilities available in designated areas for dangerous goods, livestock and valuable cargo.
- Separate storage for diplomatic mail and airmail are also provided.
- Various weighing scale facilities of up to 30 tons and 20ft-long dollies.
- 100% X-ray of export consignments.
- 77 surveillance cameras.
- Recording of 3 X-ray’s images
- Automated Data Capturing (BAS Cargo System)
- Wi-Fi BAR Coding System technology
- On-line, web-based services to airlines
- Freight forwarders and agents integrators, etc.