Bahrain Airport Services (BAS) was founded in 1977 to provide fully integrated airport services at Bahrain International Airport. Supported by a human capital of approximately 3000 staff, BAS is an ISAGO accredited Ground Service Provider which owns and operates four distinct business units.
With a new vision and mission statement and a set of new strategic objectives, BAS is committed to continuous improvement in service quality, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction while maintaining an uncompromising stance in the implementation of the highest safety and security standards in the industry.
BAS business units and core competencies comprise the following:
- Airport & Ground Operations: Our Operations division has a handling capacity of 9 million passengers annually. It currently serves 35 different airlines providing a comprehensive range of ground handling services including passenger and ramp handling, dispatch and aircraft load control, special services, baggage handling, etc. A comprehensive fleet of more than 600 Ground Support Equipment (GSE) includes push-back tugs, self-propelled air conditioning units, ground power units, air starters, pax-steps, various high lift devices and cargo loaders, loading belts, etc.
In the area of premium services, the Dilmun Lounge, operated by BAS at Bahrain International Airport, has won the highly prestigious award of “Lounge of the Year - MENA” for 6 consecutive years, reflecting the high standard of facilities, customer service and satisfaction that the lounge provides to its guests.
- Cargo Services: Our Cargo division handles 280,000 tonnes of freight annually including import, export and trans-shipment. The Cargo Terminal encompasses an area of 19,000 square meters with a multi-bay storage racking warehouse and a range of special facilities for perishables, valuables, dangerous goods and livestock. Modern/state of the art computing and communication systems are used for managing its multi-faceted operations to ensure optimum efficiency and customer service.
- Catering Services: The modern In-Flight Catering infrastructure covers an area of approximately 11,000 square meters and has a maximum production capacity of 35,000 meals daily. An average of 500,000 meals per month is currently produced to satisfy 125 different menus and provide seamless transport “from-production-to-aircraft” with a modern fleet of 32 refrigerated high loaders.
A Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) system is in place with stringent international hygiene regulations & standards. Our catering services department has won many prestigious international awards in recognition of its innovations and quality.
- Aircraft Engineering Services: Provides line maintenance, technical certification and troubleshooting under EASA Part-145 Maintenance Organization Approval. It handles a total of 8,000 aircraft maintenance movements annually. The experienced engineering staff is supported by an array of ground equipment to provide high servicing standards to 17 customer airlines.
Our Part-145 Organization is also approved by the Civil Aviation Authorities of Bahrain, UAE, Egypt, Oman, Qatar, etc.
- BAS Aircraft Engineering Training Centre (BAETC): Is the first such organization in the region and the second in the world to receive an EASA Part-147 Training Organization Approval outside the European Union. BAETC provides basic aircraft engineering training, specialized aircraft type-rating courses, as well as ground operations training. The 1500sqm technologically advanced facilities and equipment endeavor to motivate and train aircraft engineers to be fully equipped with the required theoretical and practical knowledge.
An additional 1,000sqm workshop facility is located at the airport providing students with valuable hands-on engineering experience in a safe operational environment. BAETC is also accredited by EDEXCEL to award the UK Higher National Diploma (HND) in Aeronautical Engineering for all its successful graduates.